This year’s summit witnessed nearly 4000 attendees gathering to explore the machine learning data operations landscape
iMerit, a leading AI Data Solution company, recently culminated the second edition of its annual summit, iMerit ML DataOps Summit 2022 in partnership with TechCrunch. iMerit ML DataOps 2022, a virtual event, focused on the intersection of machine learning data operations and artificial intelligence. The summit aired virtually from the United States and Asia-Pacific on November 8th and November 9th, respectively. It hosted speakers from well-known brands like Meta Platforms, DoorDash, Microsoft, IBM, Qualcomm, and more.
The 2022 summit witnessed nearly 4000 data scientists, engineers, and machine learning professionals gathering to explore commercializing AI with data intelligence, ML DataOps readiness for enterprise AI, solving data edge cases in production AI, what’s trending in ML DataOps.
The summit saw keynotes from AI and ML leaders, data scientists, and engineers from a variety of industries including autonomous mobility, medical AI, and technology. Below are the insights from some key leaders who were part of the event.
- Manohar Paluri, Director of AI at Meta Platforms shared a simple but effective framework for pushing the frontiers in AI research, while advancing technology that is impactful to the product end game. Click here to watch the session!
- Seth Dobrin, Former Chief AI Officer at IBM, shared impactful insights on the practices for deploying artificial intelligence responsibly. The summit also organized a women-led panel discussion on why human-in-the-loop and high-quality data go hand-in-hand to achieve widespread production of AI applications. Click here to watch the session!
- Beata Kouchnir, Director of Machine Learning Science at Glassdoor, and Anna Bethke, Ethical AI Data Scientist at Salesforce, discussed why human-in-the-loop and high-quality data go hand-in-hand to achieve widespread production AI applications. Click here to watch the session!
Additionally, the iMerit ML DataOps Summit also hosted a virtual expo showcasing data annotation and automation tool providers that are building the future of ML DataOps. As part of the expo, virtual exhibitors engaged with attendees through 1:1 networking, and real-time booth chats and share resources such as product demos, whitepapers, and more.
Finally, Radha Basu, Founder & CEO, iMerit wrapped the summit by sharing the below key takeaways attendees can use as tools to move forward in deploying their enterprise AI application.
- The shutdown of Argo raised several concerns for the autonomous vehicle industry. Chris Barker, an autonomous mobility expert, assured that autonomy will continue to play a key role in moving people and freight and that there will be tremendous development in fleet operations in trucking, logistics, and agriculture in 2023 and beyond
- To commercialize AI, businesses will continue investing a significant amount of time and effort in scaling data pipelines with experts in the loop. Human intelligence will play a critical role to ensure quality, avoid negative outcomes, and address unintended bias and data drifts
- MLDataOps, a significant focus in the AI ecosystem, brings together technology, talent, and techniques to offer high-quality data and precision at the desired scale of production